The time has come, Gunmage fans! In today’s update, Gunmages received a pretty extensive rework, and to celebrate and help get your fellow players up to speed, we’re holding a contest to see who can make the best guide for the Gunmage classes: Frost Mage, Shadow Mage, and/or Warp Mage! Starting Wednesday, August 1 at 11 a.m. PDT until Wednesday, August 8 at 9 a.m. PDT, players can post their Gunmage guide to our forums under our Player Guides section.
Here’s the details:
- From Wednesday, August 1 at 11 a.m. PDT through Wednesday, August 8 at 9 a.m., players can post ONE original Gunmage guide to our forums under our Player Guides section.
- You can make a guide for one or more Advanced classes, but all guide content must be contained in one post.
- In order to have your entry considered, you must submit your guide to our forums within this time period (no back dated posts).
- Starting Wednesday, August 8 at 9 a.m. PDT until Tuesday, August 14 9am PDT, the forum community will vote on the top guides submitted to the forums, and we’ll announce the winners in our weekly 10 a.m. stream on Tuesday, August 14.
The top 3 vote-getters selected by the community will win a couple of cool rewards!
- 2000 EMP.
- Your Guide will be pinned to the top of the Player Guides forum.
- A special forum avatar to show your Gunmage expertise.
So, get playing and writing! If you’ve always fancied yourself an expert in Gunmage classes, get in there and explore all the newly buffed and changed skills, and then make a guide that will set everyone on the right path! Here’s a couple tips to get you started:
- Focus on skill builds, as well as how to use specific skills. For someone just starting out, it’s easier to know what a skill is and how many points it needs as opposed to starting out with theory crafting.
- Use images! You can download images from our fankit here on the website, which you can find right here. It’ll make your guide nice to look at, and will look more exciting!
- Use your own voice! It’s easy to fall into the trap of spouting numbers and statistics, and while that’s not bad, it’s important to make sure it’s readable. Don’t be afraid to inject a bit of your personality into it! Your guide is made by you, and players will want to see your excitement.
Good luck, and happy spellslinging!